19mm x 90mm Hardwood Balau Reeded Decking Board 3.962m
Balau decking is the most widely used hardwood decking boards. It is made from tropical hardwood from Asia making it resistant to weathering. comes in two different profiles (grooved or reeded) allowing you to have the finish of your choice.
- Solid hardwood
- Weather repellent
- Adds sophistication to any outdoor space
- Knot free
- Available in reeded or grooved profile
Decking is laid on to a timber frame, which needs be firstly constructed in reference to the architectural design. Traditionally decking boards are simply screwed through the board and in to the frame. Employ a minimum 6mm gap between each board end to end and side to side. This allows for drainage and air flow around the deck. Decking can be cut by hand or electric saw and mitre joints can be achieved using a mitre saw. Fix screws approximately 25% in from the end of each board. Where fixing at the very end of deck boards pre-drill. Keep all deck posts above ground level (if you use deck posts it is best practice to use deck piers or similar). Maximum joist centres of 400mm when deck boards are perpendicular to joists. Apply an end coat preservative to any cuts or notches you make to the deck boards. This helps maintain the integrity of the preservative treatment.
Care & Maintenance
Decking can lose its looks if maintenance is not carried out. Just by following a few simple steps you can help to improve the look of the decking and add extra life span to it. Decking over period of time accumulates dirt and organic matter. It is recommended you sweep and pressure wash your deck twice a year. This will reduce the risk of fungal infection on the decking and also reduce the risk of the surface becoming slippery. Anti-slip agent and water repellent agents should be applied with brush or roller. Over time, exposure to sunlight can lead to discoloration, turning decking slightly greyish, in order to avoid this there are a wide range of stains available. However if you would like to maintain deckings original colour you can simply apply decking oil.
|Size:||W: 90mm L: 3962mm T: 19mm|
- Lead time of 1-2 Working Days.
- This product is dispatched from Builder Depot and is available for in-store purchase.
- Orders received by 12:00pm are processed the same working day.
- Your delivery charge will be displayed in the trolley page and checkout prior to purchase.
- Once the order has been dispatched you will be sent relevant tracking information.
- This item is eligible for returns as per our Returns Policy.
- The products ordered are for kerbside delivery only which means our drivers will unload goods at the nearest access point on the kerb outside of your property.
- Please ensure you have adequate labour onsite to accept the goods and offload.
Anonymous customer published 04/08/2018 following an order made on 20/07/2018
Great decking. nice color
Anonymous customer published 24/11/2017 following an order made on 15/11/2017
The decking looks generally to be very good quality, however when I opened the packs some of it was damaged. it's disappointing as I may not be able to finish the job and may need to return the damaged bits.