Very important: This Returns Policy does not affect your separate legal “cooling off” right to change your mind and return the goods if you are a consumer. Please see our Consumer Terms and Conditions of Online Sale here for more information about these rights and how to exercise them. Alternatively, you can use our separate Returns Policy below.
We hope you'll be pleased with your purchase. If you should change your mind and wish to return anything purchased online from us we’ll be happy to refund the goods within 30 days of delivery, provided the return is made in accordance with the terms below:
Products which are not required – general returns policy terms
- Our general returns policy terms are outlined here below.
- If you should change your mind and wish to return anything bought from us, we'll be happy to accept a return for goods you have purchased from us online within 30 days of delivery/collection subject to our terms and conditions relating to goods not eligible for a refund. The goods you want to return must be unopened, unused and in a fully resalable condition. We must receive the goods back within 30 days from the date of delivery/collection.
- If you wish to cancel your order you must return the goods to us at your own expense. This must be via a tracked and signed for delivery or alternatively see our "Returning in store" section (1)
- You must notify us in writing before returning the goods. We reserve the right to refuse delivery of goods returned to us by courier without prior notification.
- Your notice of cancellation should include your order number, contact information and details of the goods being returned. Notification must be sent to us either by post to E-Commerce Returns, Builder Depot Ltd, Station Road, New Southgate, London, N11 1QJ or by sending us a message via our contact us page
- You are under a duty to ensure that you take reasonable care of the goods until they have been returned. If the goods you return are not in a fully resalable condition we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the goods, or deduct up to 20% of the original selling price from the refund amount.
- If the item(s) returned is not in accordance with section 2, it will be the customer’s responsibility to either collect the item(s) from our New Southgate branch or have a courier collect it from us. You must notify us via our contact us page of the time and date the collection is due to be made. We are only able to hold items for a maximum of 14 days. Failure to collect or arrange collection of the item(s) within this time frame will result in the item being disposed of. We cannot be held liable for item(s) that are not collected within this time frame.
- The cost of return delivery is passed on to the customer in accordance with our terms and conditions of sale.
- Refunds can only be made to the original card of purchase or PayPal account. Refunds will be made within 14 days of receiving the goods back, subject to being in accordance with section 2. Once we receive the goods back, we will inspect them and refund the order back onto the original payment method. The entire return process including the money being back onto the original payment method will take no longer than 14 days from the date of receiving the item(s) back. Once the refund is made, you will receive an email showing the credit being applied and the refund will be with you within 2 – 5 working days from receiving the credit applied notification.
A copy of the Online Returns Form can be viewed and downloaded below:
Returning in store
- If you wish to return in store and are qualified to return the goods as explained above under our general returns policy terms above, please bring your order confirmation as proof of purchase and we also request that you please bring a photo ID with you. All goods must be returned to our New Southgate branch, any goods returned to other branches will be refused and directed to New Southgate.
- All refunds will be given following our usual returns procedure as outlined in the above general returns policy terms. This includes notifying us in writing where possible with a copy of the Online Return Form prior to returning the items in store. Refunds can only be processed back onto the original payment card.
- All orders being returned in person to our New Southgate Branch can only be accepted during our Ecommerce opening times of Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm. If the order is returned outside of these hours, your return will be refused and you will be told to return during our opening hours
Goods not eligible for refund
- There are a select few items which we cannot accept returns on due to the nature of the type of products we offer.
- Goods we cannot guarantee can be resold in accordance with health and safety, for example bagged items we have no guarantee were stored in optimal conditions and as a result may have been compromised in their nature cannot be returned.
- Goods made to your specifications, clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature also cannot be returned.
- Made to measure or bespoke/personalised products.
- Perishable goods.
- Any product with a short shelf life or sell by date.
- Sand or products delivered in an open fashion.
- Specially obtained/ordered goods.
- Boilers/Cylinders which have been opened.
- Cementitious goods (eg. cement).
- Plaster based products (eg. multi-finish).
- Mixed paints/liquids.
- Chemicals/liquids which have been opened.
- PIR insulation boards.
- Toilet seats which have been opened due to hygiene purposes.
- Sealed/sensitive electrical goods, if in sealed packages that have been opened, eg. circuit boards.
- Goods that have been fitted/installed.
- Any goods which have become mixed inseparably with other items/other orders after their delivery.
- Blocks, including but not limited to Thermalite blocks.
Due to the nature of these goods unless they are faulty, we're unable to offer a refund. Please note store credit may be offered in some circumstances to be used against your next order.
- In the unlikely event that goods supplied (including special order and made-to-measure items) are faulty, we will offer repair, exchange or refund as appropriate in accordance with any applicable statutory and consumer rights.
- If the item(s) delivered by our local transport arrives damaged or faulty, we will be collecting the damaged / faulty item(s) only. If you would like to return another product as a standard return, this will need to be brought back to the New Southgate branch per the procedure in section: products which are not required.
- Notification of any defect or fault must be made in writing with a photo of the damage and a full description of the issue via our Contact Us page. Please notify us promptly and without delay and, in any case, within any timescale given in the relevant terms and conditions of sale.
Your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described are not affected.
Return postal address
Please return all (excluding ‘online only’ and ‘direct from supplier’) goods to:Builder Depot Ltd