Mapei Topcem Special Hydraulic Binder For Screed 20Kg
Mapei Topcem is a special fast setting hydraulic binder for the preparation of normal setting and fast drying (4 days) screeds with controlled shrinkage.
- Cement Replacement
- Cement replacement to produce fast drying screed
- Internal and external use
- Reduces construction time waiting for screeds to dry
Unbonded Screeds (min 35mm thick)
Preparing the mix. Carefully mix the Topcem with graded aggregates 0/4 or 0/8mm in diameter and water, in a mixer or screed pump for at least 5 minutes. The mix must be spread, tamped and levelled in the shortest possible time and in any event not more than an hour after preparation. Particular care must be taken with the quantity of water which must be such as to obtain a mix with a ''damp earth'' consistency that under a float finish will compact to produce a closed and smooth surface without water bleed.
Bonded Screeds (Min 10mm thick).
Preparing the mix, proportions and spreading the mix are exactly the same as for unbonded screeds, but first apply a Planicrete bonding slurry onto the perfectly clean substrate. To ensure adhesion, spread the slurry onto the surface to be covered immediately before the Topcem screed (fresh screed on fresh slurry). Note: For thicker section bonded screeds over 50mm use Eporip Epoxy Bonding Agent.
Floating Screeds (min 55mm thick)
The screed mix is prepared and applied in the same way as an unbonded screed. Mapefibre NS12 may be added to the screed at 120g/Bag of Topcem as an additional measure. The insulation should have a high resistance to compression and not depress more then 3mm under the anticipated final load. Where under floor heating pipes are incorporated, they should be located a minimum of 25mm below the surface of the screed. Additionally reinforcing mesh if used , should be placed over the pipes. The under floor heating may be commissioned after 4 days. Note: For under floor heating systems the screed must contain either additional reinforcing mesh or Mapefibre NS12 fibres.
1.7kg/m² per mm of thickness.
Topcem is a special hydraulic binder which when mixed with graded aggregates and water can produce an early drying high strength screed ready to receive floor finishes between 24hrs and 4 days. Topcem is defined with BS8204 1 section 5 1 3 Part F.
- Lead time of 1-2 Working Days.
- This product is dispatched from Builder Depot and is available for in-store purchase.
- This product will usually be delivered via third party.
- Orders received by 12:00pm are processed the same working day.
- Your delivery charge will be displayed in the trolley page and checkout prior to purchase.
- Once the order has been dispatched you will be sent relevant tracking information.
- This item is eligible for returns as per our Returns Policy.
- The products ordered are for kerbside delivery only which means our drivers will unload goods at the nearest access point on the kerb outside of your property.
- Please ensure you have adequate labour onsite to accept the goods and offload.
Anonymous customer published 06/06/2019 following an order made on 27/05/2019
Anonymous customer published 26/04/2019 following an order made on 11/04/2019
No water quantity given so guess and hope
Anonymous customer published 06/04/2019 following an order made on 27/03/2019
Use this product all the time.
Anonymous customer published 14/08/2018 following an order made on 05/08/2018