MDF (Medium Density Fibre) is a widely used sheet material within the building and joinery industry. Being free from defects, it is easily cut and shaped with both hand and machine tools to provide a surface which is easily painted or otherwise decorated.
- Easily screwed and glued
- lack of knots and grain ensures that it can be cut in all directions while maintaining it's original strength
- Sands and finishes well
- Can be glued, screwed, painted and veneered to suit many end users
Standard MDF is intended for internal use only and contact with moisture will cause the board to swell. It is easily worked with hand or machine tools and will provide an excellent surface for subsequent finishing/decoration.
MDF is manufactured from wood fibres, mixed with resin and waxes which are then hot pressed to the required thickness. These wood fibres are sourced from environmentally friendly forest thinnings, recycled wood/pallets, and sawdust. All our suppliers provide FSC and PEFC certification.
All dust can be harmful if inhaled or ingested, MDF dust is no exception. Correct PPE such as dust masks and goggles should be worn as a matter of routine. Workshop machines should be fitted with appropriate dust extraction equipment. If not in a workshop environment then MDF should be worked in a well ventilated area. The use of a respirator fitted with P2 filter units is highly recommended.
|Size:||W: 1220mm L: 2440mm T: 18mm|
- This product is delivered direct from supplier.
- A fork lift or adequate manual labour is required to unload.
- At an additional cost onsite mechanical offload may be available.
- If you require mechanical offload or have any delivery restrictions e.g. width, height or time, please contact us on 0208 362 8100 prior to order/dispatch, or charges may be applied if we cannot complete delivery.
- Please note orders will not be processed until we have received confirmation of access restrictions.
Anonymous customer published 01/08/2018 following an order made on 23/07/2018