18mm Moisture Resistant MDF Board 2440mm x 1220mm (8' x 4')
Moisture resistant (MR) MDF is manufactured utilising resins which are appropriate for use in areas of high humidity such as kitchens, laundries and bathrooms. MR MDF is NOT suitable for use in wet conditions, as it will swell in the same way as standard MDF ( albeit not as much). Most (but not all) MR MDF is manufactured with the inclusion of a green dye which is for identification purposes only.
- Easily screwed and glued
- lack of knots and grain ensures that it can be cut in all directions while maintaining it's original strength
- Sands and finishes well
- Can be glued, screwed, painted and veneered to suit many end users
Standard MDF is intended for internal use only and contact with moisture will cause the board to swell. It is easily worked with hand or machine tools and will provide an excellent surface for subsequent finishing/decoration.
MDF is manufactured from wood fibres, mixed with resin and waxes which are then hot pressed to the required thickness. These wood fibres are sourced from environmentally friendly forest thinnings, recycled wood/pallets, and sawdust. All our suppliers provide FSC and PEFC certification.
All dust can be harmful if inhaled or ingested, MDF dust is no exception. Correct PPE such as dust masks and goggles should be worn as a matter of routine. Workshop machines should be fitted with appropriate dust extraction equipment. If not in a workshop environment then MDF should be worked in a well ventilated area. The use of a respirator fitted with P2 filter units is highly recommended.
|Size:||W: 1220mm L: 2440mm T: 18mm|
- Lead time of 2-3 Working Days.
- This product is dispatched from Builder Depot and is available for in-store purchase.
- Orders received by 12:00pm are processed the same working day.
- Your delivery charge will be displayed in the trolley page and checkout prior to purchase.
- Once the order has been dispatched you will be sent relevant tracking information.
- This item is eligible for returns as per our Returns Policy.
- The products ordered are for kerbside delivery only which means our drivers will unload goods at the nearest access point on the kerb outside of your property.
- For larger and heavier products please ensure you have adequate labour onsite to accept the goods and offload.
Vassos C. published 29/11/2018 following an order made on 19/11/2018
This is very decent MDF and no complaints over any transit defects that you normally get with sheet materials.
Anonymous customer published 05/03/2018 following an order made on 23/02/2018
Anonymous customer published 09/01/2018 following an order made on 18/12/2017
Product well made.
Anonymous customer published 20/11/2017 following an order made on 10/11/2017
Anonymous customer published 22/05/2017 following an order made on 27/03/2017
Anonymous customer published 13/02/2017 following an order made on 08/01/2017
Ok - a little warped but not to the point of being unusable.
Anonymous customer published 01/07/2016 following an order made on 07/03/2016
Anonymous customer published 14/06/2016 following an order made on 26/05/2016