18mm Birch Throughout Plywood BB/BB 2440mm x 1220mm (8' x 4') Pack of 35
Birch Plywood, as the name would suggest is manufactured from rotary peeled birch veneers of the same uniform thickness. This method of construction produces a plywood with known and consistent engineering characteristics, which together with the fine dense grain on the surface makes for an excellent plywood suitable for very many end uses.
Birch throughout plywood is made from only Birch veneers of the same thickness, glued and laid up in alternating directions to the required thickness. It thus provides a superbly consistent strong panel with known engineering characteristics. At the same time the aesthetically pleasing, fine tight grain of the BB face is suitable for all types of surface finish ( or none ) as required. Please be advised that some suppliers offer a Birch faced product made up with alternating veneers of other species – sometimes known as twin ply – this will not have the same consistent strength/engineering characteristics, stability or longevity of our Birch throughout product.
- Strong, consistent and measurable engineering performance
- High quality aesthetically pleasing BB faces
- Excellent cutting and machining properties
- Board sizes 2440 x 1220mm in 12 & 18mm thicknesses ex stock
The ability to calculate the engineering performance of Birch throughout plywood renders it suitable for many and varied end uses. Used extensively within the furniture industry, it is also used in the high end packaging industry for boxing scientific and musical instruments. In the engineering sector it is used for pattern making.
- This product is delivered direct from supplier.
- A fork lift or adequate manual labour is required to unload.
- At an additional cost onsite mechanical offload may be available.
- If you require mechanical offload or have any delivery restrictions e.g. width, height or time, please contact us on 0208 362 8100 prior to order/dispatch, or charges may be applied if we cannot complete delivery.
- Please note orders will not be processed until we have received confirmation of access restrictions.