18mm Birch Throughout Plywood BB/BB 2440mm x 1220mm (8' x 4')
Birch Plywood, as the name would suggest is manufactured from rotary peeled birch veneers of the same uniform thickness. This method of construction produces a plywood with known and consistent engineering characteristics, which together with the fine dense grain on the surface makes for an excellent plywood suitable for very many end uses.
- Strong, consistent and measurable engineering performance
- High quality aesthetically pleasing BB faces
- Excellent cutting and machining properties
- Board sizes 2440 x 1220mm in 12 & 18mm thicknesses ex stock
The ability to calculate the engineering performance of Birch throughout plywood renders it suitable for many and varied end uses. Used extensively within the furniture industry, it is also used in the high end packaging industry for boxing scientific and musical instruments. In the engineering sector it is used for pattern making.
- This product is dispatched from our warehouse and is available for in-store purchase.
- This product will usually be delivered via third party courier.
- They will email and text you on the day of delivery to advise the product has been scanned onto the vehicle. Shortly after this you will receive another email and text advising your 2-hour delivery window.
- Deliveries take place Monday-Friday between 8am to 5pm.
- If there are any road width, road height or restricted access times, please contact us on 020 8362 8100 prior to order/dispatch, otherwise charges may be applied if we cannot complete delivery.
- Orders received by 12:00pm are processed the same working day.
- Your delivery charge will be displayed in the trolley page and checkout prior to purchase.
- This item is eligible for returns as per our Returns Policy.
- The products ordered are for kerbside delivery only which means our drivers will unload goods at the nearest access point on the kerb outside of your property.
- Please ensure you have a fork lift or adequate labour onsite to accept the goods and offload.
- Failed deliveries may be subject to a re-delivery charge.
- A signature will be required for delivery.
Anonymous customer published 01/08/2020 following an order made on 18/07/2020
The Birch Ply was of excellent quality - no warping or excessive knots etc. - great for furniture making
William S. published 08/07/2020 following an order made on 28/06/2020
Top quality and beautiful product. Sturdy AF too - just what you need when you’re starting out as a beginner woodworker.
Anonymous customer published 24/03/2020 following an order made on 14/03/2020
Great quality sheet. Will order more soon
Steven A. published 16/02/2020 following an order made on 06/01/2020
This type and grade of Plywood is generally used for furniture construction. The sheets I received were riddled with knots and plugs, and one sheet was badly twisted. Very poor. Twisted sheet was certainly no good for furniture construction, and the supposed BB/BB grade was more like C grade. Disgusting. Didn't respond to my request to return. Got ripped off.
Jacquie U. published 12/07/2019 following an order made on 02/07/2019
Carl J. published 26/04/2019 following an order made on 12/04/2019
There are slight bulges in the wood which makes making jigs difficult, but otherwise ok
Michael R. published 07/04/2019 following an order made on 26/03/2019
Clean, flat and quality as rated.
Andrew S. published 24/02/2019 following an order made on 19/02/2019
John N. published 17/12/2018 following an order made on 09/12/2018
Great quality, well packaged with no dings and minimal warping
S A. published 11/12/2018 following an order made on 20/11/2018
Great value for money.2 boards out of 14 had a slight warp and 1 had small delaminated area. The boards are 'BB' grade so some patches but unless u need both faces perfect,not a problem. Courier company were very helpful re organising delivery and phoning ahead to give me a 'heads up;Delivery driver was 70 years old so had to get someone to help me unload but can't complain. Will definitely use these guys again.